Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Welcome!

Oh no! Not another food blog!

I don't blame you if that is your first reaction. It would have been mine as well.

Still, since you're here and reading this, welcome to my food blog. A lot of people have suggested that I have one since (i) I am a pretty decent cook (ii) I like a wide variety of food (iii) I'm not shy about my opinions of food and restaurants (iv) I like the cultural and historical stories surrounding various dishes and foods from various ethnicity, cultures, etc. Thus, the creation of this food blog.

To tell you honestly, I don't have a clear idea yet if there is a narrow or specific focus of this blog. Am I going to just talk about restaurant reviews? Am I going to tell you what I ate or cook? Or am I going to make use of my background as a physicist and tie it to the food? The phrase "molecular gastronomy" looms over my head like a dark cloud (more on this in a future post). At this moment, I'm just going to wing it and figure it out as I go along. Maybe if this blog is still around and active in a couple of years, I'll figure it out.

But till then, let's just go for a culinary ride!

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment