Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Bowl of Udon Noodles For Lunch

Sure, why not? Don't you have a bowl of udon noodles for lunch often? :)

It was cold here yesterday, and I just wanted to good big bowl of hot, steaming udon noodles for lunch. So I want to the Mitsuwa Market near where I live, and went to the food court. Got the big bowl of beef curry udon from Sanuki Seimen Mugimaru. It was delicious.



I also got a few tempura pieces from their tempura bar. While the noodles were terrific, the tempura was hit-and-miss. The problem here is that getting tempura from a tempura bar means that you might end up with pieces that were not steaming hot. And there's nothing worse than cold tempura. I've had days where their tempura was excellent since they just got out of the fryer, while other days, not so much. (BTW, there is another vendor there that will make tempura to order.)

I like the food court at Mitsuwa. It feels as if you have several street vendors with a variety of food to choose from. This is definitely one of my favorite places to get a quick bite, and do some grocery shopping.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment