Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Dinner Last Night

Since I bought some bitter melons, I decided to use it for the veggie dish last night. I cooked some Malaysian chicken curry with whole spices, onion gravy, Chinese eggplant, and carrots. It is served with Jasmine rice.

For the veggie dish, I simply stir-fried the bitter melon with daikon radish and green beans. I first have 2 garlic cloves and a small piece of ginger that I smashed and minced, sauteed that quickly before adding the vegetables. Stirred it quickly over high heat, poured in about 1/4 cup of water, and covered for about 1-2 mins. I hate limp, mushy veggies and would rather have it raw than overcooked. So I don't cook it as much.

Then I seasoned it with salt and white pepper to taste, and served! This is how the whole thing looks on a plate.


And just like soups and stews, curries taste better the next day! So I made quite a bit to have for the next few days! :)

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment