Friday, January 6, 2017

Fish Are Food, Not Friends

If you have seen Disney/Pixar's "Finding Nemo", you might be the inference. The sharks in the movie were on some sort of a 12-step program to stop eating fish, and they kept reciting the manta "Fish are friends, not food."

So I thought I turn it around, since I like fish. I made this t-shirt and I've worn many times, including at the Walt Disney World.

I've had a lot of people chuckling when they saw the shirt, especially if they made the connection with the movie. The picture on the shirt was something I took. It was a dish of fried whole red snapper, a menu item at Los Compadres Mexican restaurant near here. This is our most favorite Mexican restaurant in the area (more discussion on our favorite ethnic restaurants soon).

This is the original photo of the dish:

It is a delicious, simple dish, and very filling.

Yum... now I have a craving for Mexican food!

Zz.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yummm! Red Snapper has been my favorite fish since my childhood growing up on the Gulf Of Mexico in Texas. What I wouldn't give to have that in front of me right now!

    ReplyDelete