Thursday, April 5, 2018

Surprise Inside A Butternut Squash

I stumbled onto something strange this week. I've used butternut squash many times, so I'm quite familiar with it, especially on cutting it and preparing it. But this is the first time I encountered this rather strange thing.

When I cut opened this butternut squash, the cavity that usually has the seeds had another surprise. I saw what appeared to be mung bean sprouts growing right in the cavity! Check out the photos below:



I have never seen this before. Of course, I started to question on how mung beans could be in the cavity of a butternut squash. There didn't appear to be any "puncture" on the squash itself, so how did they get in there?

After looking at it for a few minutes (and snapping a few photos), I cleaned out the cavity and proceeded to continue with my preparation. I was making my usual butternut squash soup. The butternut tastes the usual, nothing out of the ordinary with it.

So this is definitely a puzzle. Anyone encountered something similar, or has an explanation for this?

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment