Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thermal Properties of Food

OK, so here's the physicist in my comes in. I found this a couple of weeks ago, and I intend to do something with it in my future posts, but I thought that I should post it here just for future references, and so that I'll know where to find it.

This paper lists the major thermal properties of various types of food ingredients. Thermal properties such as thermal conductivity is actually important because it tells you how fast heat travels through the ingredient material. The heat capacity, for example, explains why it takes so long to cook a 16-lb turkey versus an 8-lb turkey.

I'll do some simple analysis in future posts using the information in this document. But for now, let's all just sit back and marvel at all those numbers! :)

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment