Thursday, February 2, 2017

BBQ Burnt Ends

I've been to a few BBQ joints in the Chicagoland area. Most are OK. But I like 2 in particular, and have returned to these two several times.

The first is a BBQ shack in Westmont called Uncle Bub's. The place itself is a hoot, with old-time country, rustic decor. And the food is consistently good. I usually get either the brisket (my stand-by favorite) or the broasted chicken. The food is plentiful and you have no excuse for leaving the place hungry.

But I have a new favorite place, and it is called Q-BBQ. There are, I think, 4 Q-BBQ in the Chicagoland area, but the one that I've been to several times is in downtown LaGrange. Other than the difficult parking during lunchtime, I really like coming here because of one very important thing - they have brisket burnt ends! I haven't seen any other BBQ joints around the area serving this. I love the burnt ends because you something can get the crispy, burnt edges that are full of smokey flavor. Yum!


The burnt edges come without sauce. It was cooked (or smoked) with a dry rub. The platter comes with hush puppies and 2 sides of your choice.

However, on each table, you have the option of 3 different sauces to add to the meat. 

I will admit of mixing the Texas spicy with the Memphis sweet sauces. Heck, I've even mixed all 3 of them together. Still, having the sauce separately gives diners the option of having the meal their way.

The burnt ends themselves are delicious, and has enough smokey flavor that one looks for in a good BBQ. I tell ya, for a BBQ joint in the middle of the upper Midwest, this is not a bad place at all!

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment