Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Subway Chicken May Be Only 50% Chicken!

I'll admit it, I've had Subway sandwiches before. I've never had their chicken though. I've had their turkey and roast beef in my sandwiches.

But after reading this, I'm beginning to question if I also had been eating only 50% turkey and 50% beef. It seems that a test of the so-called chicken that they put in their sandwiches showed that only roughly 50% of it contains chicken DNA.

Subway's results were such an outlier that the team decided to test them again, biopsying five new oven roasted chicken pieces, and five new orders of chicken strips.

Those results were averaged: the oven roasted chicken scored 53.6 per cent chicken DNA, and the chicken strips were found to have just 42.8 per cent chicken DNA. The majority of the remaining DNA? Soy.

I have nothing against soy. I myself often eat tofu at home. But hey, I paid for chicken, and I want chicken.

So, until this is straightened out, I'm avoiding Subway for now.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment